The cold and flu season is in full swing in Cornelius, NC, and it’s more important than ever to ensure your immune system is functioning at its best. Eating the right foods is one of the best ways to support your immune system, and today we’re going to talk about five of the best foods for boosting immunity. From leafy greens to berries, these foods are packed with antioxidants and other nutrients that can help keep you healthy all winter!
1. Leafy Greens: A serving of leafy greens like kale, spinach, and Swiss chard is packed with vitamins A, C, and K as well as fiber. These nutrients are essential for proper immune system function and can help boost your body’s defenses against infections. Add some leafy greens to your daily diet for a power-packed dose of immunity-boosting goodness!
2. Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and limes are high in vitamin C, which helps your body fight off viruses and bacteria that cause colds and other illnesses. Eating at least one citrus fruit every day can help keep your immune system strong all season long!
3. Berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are loaded with antioxidants that help fight inflammation and boost your immune system. Even better, these tasty fruits make a great addition to any meal or snack.
4. Nuts and Seeds: Eating nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and cashews can provide your body with the healthy fats that it needs to stay strong and ward off illness. Similarly, seeds such as flaxseed and chia are high in omega-3 fatty acids which may help reduce inflammation in the body. Add some of these nutritious snacks to your daily routine for an extra immunity boost!
5. Mushrooms: Many varieties of mushrooms are excellent sources of vitamin D which can help support immune system function. Shiitake, maitake, oyster, and reishi mushrooms are all great choices to add to your diet.
Nutrition Cornelius NC is an important part of overall health, and by making sure to include these immunity-boosting foods in your diet you can help keep your body strong this winter season. Stay healthy!
Lakeside Sports Chiropractic Center
19924 Jetton Road Suite 101, Cornelius, NC, 28031, USA